We are pleased to announce that we are now allowing an accompanying supportive person into our scan rooms for the first attempt of your 20 week scan.
Please note the following points prior to attending:
- If you wish to have someone with you for this scan then we are asking that you and your accompanying adult both have a COVID-19 test called a lateral flow test.
- We need for you to attend just inside the maternity entrance (adjacent to the car park payment machines) 45 mins prior to your scan appointment time to have the test performed and the results will either be emailed or texted back to you promptly.
- If the test is negative then you can make your way to antenatal clinic to have your scan.
- If the test returns positive we will call you with instructions of what to do next
- If you do not want anyone to accompany you then you do not have to have the COVID test done.
We have two rooms in which the scan can be safely undertaken and so we may have to alter your original appointment.
Please call 01384 456111 ex 3020 if you have any questions or have had COVID in the last 90 days.
As with all appointments we would ask that you please be prompt because if you are late it impacts on others being scanned. If you are more than 15 mins late you may be re-booked.