Russells Hall Hospital – Sexual Health clinic
Virtual open access clinic
Due to the social distancing challenges we will be relaunching our walk in clinic as a virtual open access clinic. Patients will be able to discuss their symptoms with a clinician via a video consultation platform, ‘Attend Anywhere’. The virtual waiting area will be available from Tuesday 2nd June 2020 to all patients in the local area as before. To access the video clinic you will need to have:
- A good connection to the internet (connected to WiFi or using mobile data)
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
- One of these:
- Google Chrome web browser on a desktop or laptop, or on an Android tablet or smartphone (which can be downloaded from the playstore or online)
- Safari web browser on an Apple iMac, MacBook, iPad, or iPhone
- A device that has a web-camera, speakers and microphone (i.e. a smartphone, laptop, PC or tablet)
To access the clinic please click on the following URL: https://nhs.vc/dudleygroup/GUM-open-access
Once you have entered your details you will be held in a virtual waiting room and the reception will see you first to take some details. You will then be transferred to the appropriate clinician’s waiting area and will be seen as quickly as possible. Please note this is a not an appointment based service and therefore waiting times can be longer than 30 minutes. If the waiting room becomes very busy, it could close early and you would be required to try again the next day.
For your privacy we will ask you to join the consultation with your video camera turned off, unless required otherwise.
How to use Attend Anywhere (Video consultation platform)
Attend Anywhere is a web-based service that allows The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust to offer video call consultations for some of our services.
Before your appointment, please click on your clinic from the list where you can check your equipment by undertaking a test call via the test call button.
Clicking on the clinic links will guide you into a virtual waiting room. You will not enter the waiting room until you have completed some checks.
When you are ready to start your video consultation, click start video call. You will be asked to undertake your checks again.
Please ensure you complete all details including your date of birth and include a contact number we can call you back on if there are any technical difficulties. Please don’t forget to tick the small box at the bottom of the registration screen.
We do not store the details you submit in order to use Attend Anywhere and any details given during the consultation are stored securely and in the same way as if you were having the consultation face-to-face.
Russells Hall Hospital – Sexual Health clinic
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Sexual Health clinic is cancelling all walk in clinics.
If you have symptoms or need urgent advice, please call 01384 456111 ext 3906 to speak to a nurse.
PHONE LINES ARE OPEN:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:30am – 11:30am & 1pm – 3:45pm
- Friday: 9:30am – 3:30pm
Please note, patients who attend for walk-in appointments will not be seen at any of our clinics, our doors are locked.
You will be contacted if you already have an appointment booked.
The Dudley Group provides a free, friendly and confidential sexual health and contraception service. The Genito-Urinary Medicine department is dedicated to providing confidential screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections. Our contraception service provides contraception advice and methods.
Within the GU Medicine department at Russells Hall Hospital we offer a range of confidential services on a first come first served basis including:
- Free testing, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infection
- Hepatitis B vaccinations for those who are, have been or will be, at risk
- HIV testing and specialist treatment
- PEPSE (post exposure prophylaxis following sexual exposure) to HIV counselling and testing for HIV infection for which results may be available on the same day
- Contraception including emergency contraception
- Sexual health services for under 16s
- Specialist clinic for erectile dysfunction (GP referral required)
- Free pregnancy testing
- Cervical smears (when having STI testing)
- Free condoms
Our community clinics offer a range of contraception services including:
- Contraception advice and provision
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive pills
- Depo injections
- IUS or IUD (coils)
- Pregnancy tests
- Cervical smears
- Chlamydia screening programme
- Referrals to sexual health clinic or other services where appropriate
Our sexual health clinics are for people of any age or gender, who are sexually active or starting or ending a relationship, exposed to infection, worried about sexually transmitted infections or have no symptoms but want peace of mind. Our staff are able to provide advice and treatment to people of all ages in a confidential manner.
Please note that we are not open on bank holidays.