Russells Hall Hospital – Sexual Health clinic
The Sexual Health clinic is now accepting walk-in appointments. This is on a first come, first served basis, therefore it is recommended that you attend when the clinic opens (for opening times please click here)
Please note the requirement to wear a face mask and maintain 2m social distancing remains in place at the Trust.
The Dudley Group provides a free, friendly and confidential sexual health and contraception service. The Genito-Urinary Medicine Department is dedicated to providing confidential screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections. Our contraception service provides contraception advice and methods.
Within the GU Medicine Department at Russells Hall Hospital we offer a range of confidential services on a first come, first served basis including:
- Free testing, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infection
- Hepatitis B vaccinations for those who are, have been or will be, at risk
- HIV testing and specialist treatment
- PEPSE (post exposure prophylaxis following sexual exposure) to HIV counselling and testing for HIV infection for which results may be available on the same day
- Contraception including emergency contraception
- Sexual health services for under 16s
- Specialist clinic for erectile dysfunction (GP referral required)
- Free pregnancy testing
- Cervical smears (when having STI testing)
- Free condoms
Our community clinics offer a range of contraception services including:
- Contraception advice and provision
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive pills
- Depo injections
- IUS or IUD (coils)
- Pregnancy tests
- Cervical smears
- Chlamydia screening programme
- Referrals to sexual health clinic or other services where appropriate
Our sexual health clinics are for people of any age or gender, who are sexually active or starting or ending a relationship, exposed to infection, worried about sexually transmitted infections or have no symptoms but want peace of mind. Our staff are able to provide advice and treatment to people of all ages in a confidential manner.
You can now request a sexual health self-test kit if you live within the Dudley borough by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Full address and postcode
- Mobile contact number
- Please indicate area(s) requiring testing (maximum of 3 listed below)
- Oral swab
- Vaginal swab / urine sample
- Anal swab
This will be delivered via post directly to your door in a discreet box which will include a detailed step by step guide, equipment and free returns postal bag. Alternatively, you can arrange to collect one of these kits from the GU Medicine Department at Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley, DY1 2HQ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: this service is currently only available to patients with a DY postcode who wish to self-test for chlamydia or gonorrhoea.
Please read the below information prior to submitting your request:
- You must wait 14 days from your last sexual intercourse prior to testing.
- Upon receipt of your self-testing kit, you must carry out this test and return the swab within 7 days.
- Once the test has been completed, it must be posted back in the free returns mailing bag within 2 hours.
*All results will be provided via text message therefore, please ensure you include the correct mobile contact number when submitting your request.
Contraception and Sexual Health Service opening times
Please click here to view our opening times.
Please note that we are not open on bank holidays.