We are the Specialist Neuro Pathway in DRS.
We treat patients with long term neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Parkinson’s disease.
The team includes:
- Parkinson’s specialist nurse
- Multiple Sclerosis specialist nurse
- specialist physiotherapists
- specialist occupational therapists
- speech and language therapist
- specialist pharmacist
- therapy assistants
- advice, information and education regarding the conditions
- medication review and advice
- self-management programmes
- emotional and psychological support
- sign posting and referral to other professionals and services
We see people aged over 18 years with long term neurological conditions.
You will be offered an appointment in an outpatient clinic or at home depending on the needs assessed by the clinician.
The team works Monday to Friday, 08.30am until 4.30pm, excluding bank holidays. We are not an emergency service. Outside of these hours, or in an emergency, please contact your GP, NHS 111 or visit your local walk-in centre or urgent care centre.
How do we work?
When we have received your referral the team will allocate the most appropriate clinician to contact you for an assessment. This takes place during your initial appointment. Your goals and treatment plans will be discussed and agreed with you. This may include referral to other members of the team/ other services if needed.
Your agreed goals will be reviewed and monitored through follow up appointments as necessary.
At the end of your treatment you will be discharged with an option of self-referral/referral from another clinician back to team as necessary.Dudley Rehabilitation Service Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre
John Corbett Drive
Phone/voicemail: 01384 321600 option 2
Fax: 01384 366674
Map and Directions: View Google Map
More information about long term neurological conditions can be found here.