The Dudley Group Contraception & Sexual Health Service provides free and confidential sexual health services at our Brierley Hill clinic including all types of contraception and STI testing.
Everyone is welcome and you don’t need to see a GP first. Just call to make an appointment.
The Brierley Hill clinic offer a range of contraception services including:
Emergency and routine fitting and removal of contraceptive devices (IUCDs) and implants
Provision of oral contraception and progesterone-only injections
Advice on problems of contraception
Pregnancy testing and advice
Full sexual health testing in our Check and Go clinics (asymptomatic)
- Free condoms
Access to the service
We are operating from Brierley Hill with easy access and free parking on site.
Our clinic is located on the first floor of Brierley Hill Health & Social Care Centre, Venture Way, Brierley Hill, DY5 1RU.
- Opening times :
- Monday: 9am – 4.30pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.00- 5.30pm
- Thursday: 9am – 18.30pm
- Friday: 8.30am – 12.30pm
We are closed between 12.30pm and 1.30pm .
Please call for an appointment on 01384 321480.
Implants and Coils Procedures
Patients who require an implant or coil procedure will initially have a virtual telephone consultation and then attend the clinic for the procedure.
Please watch the video from you tube before you attend your appointment
Need emergency contraception? This is free at our clinic.
If you require emergency contraception, walk in or call our clinic during opening hours.
If we are not open, you can get emergency contraception from your GP or local pharmacy.
What are the three methods of emergency contraception?
- The IUD (intrauterine device or coil) is the most effective method and can be fitted up to five days after sex.
- The emergency contraceptive pill Levonelle can be taken up to three days (72 hours) after sex.
- The emergency contraceptive pill ella-One can be taken up to five days (120 hours) after sex. Please see link below for pharmacies that supply emergency contraception. (Please note: they may not supply ella- One)
Click here for a list of pharmacies that provide emergency hormonal contraception.
Worried about sexually transmitted infections?
We advise all sexually active people to get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and HIV – simple check and go.
Check and go service (full sexual health testing for asymptomatic patients) – self testing, no examination required.
Please call to book an appointment .
- If you have symptoms, you will need to visit our other site at Russells Hall Hospital GU Medicine.
- If you require treatment or are a contact of infection, please attend Russells Hall Hospital GU Medicine.
Worried you may be pregnant?
- We can do a pregnancy test for you.
- We can provide advice if you are unsure what to do about your pregnancy.
- We can arrange for an appointment for you to discuss your pregnancy options.
We can provide advice if you are unsure what to do about your pregnancy, but if you have decided on a termination and do not want to be seen by the nurse and wish to self-refer you can contact British Pregnancy Advisory Service on 03457 304030 for a pre termination appointment if you wish.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about anything you are not sure about, we are here to help you.
For all information about any contraception that you are currently taking or considering,
please go to this web page:
Which method is right for me –
Please read the leaflet in the link below.
Long acting reversible contraception-(LARC)
For all information about sexually transmitted infections, please go to this web page:
Web page for sexual health services for young people: