Information about the service
Assertive Case Managers (ACMs) offer a service that cares for patients with long term conditions in an attempt to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and support timely hospital discharge by working in partnership with the patient, general practitioner, social services, secondary care services and voluntary organisations to ensure the patient receives the right health care at the right time in the right place.
The service aim is to coordinate and optimise the social, medical and psychological health of the patients admitted to the case-load through a collaborative team approach. The key benefits of the service are:
- Early identification of patients with long term conditions
- Improved patient experience and confidence to be maintained within the community
- Improved quality and care closer to home
- Successful maintenance of patients out of hospital in their own home and reduce demand on secondary care.
- Focussed resources on patients most at risk
- Enhanced integration with other health care providers
- Promote admission avoidance and early discharge
Referrals: Patients of 18 years of age and over who are registered to a Dudley GP and have been identified by the GP and other health professionals can be referred to the service.
There are nine ACMs who are based at Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre, Venture Way, Brierley Hill, DY5 1RU.