Audiology (Community)


Please call 01384 321266 for all appointments. Please be aware that the line may be engaged due to a high call volume.

Opening Times

Monday to Thursday 8.00am until 12.15pm and  1.15pm until 5:45pm
Friday 8.00am until 12.15pm and 1.15pm until 5:30pm

The department is closed for lunch between 12:15 and 13:15.

The department is not open on bank holidays.

No out of hours service is available.

The Dudley Audiology Service, based on the lower ground floor of Brierley Hill Health & Social Care Centre, provides the following services:

  • Hearing tests & complex hearing assessments
  • NHS hearing aid provision & aftercare
  • Hearing aid maintenance & batteries
  • Tinnitus counselling & therapy

Please note: all services are by appointment only, with the exception of battery provision.
To arrange an appointment please call the department on 01384 321266 for all appointments. The line may be engaged due to a high call volume and appointments cannot be guaranteed the same day.

Hearing Tests

We provide hearing tests for both adults and children, with a specialised paediatric service for newborn, preschool and school age children. The department works closely with the BATOD (British Association of Teachers of the Deaf), the Trust’s Ear, Nose and Throat Department (ENT), and other services.

I would like a hearing test, what do I do?


Any new adult patient wishing to access the Audiology service must be referred via their GP. If you are already a patient and would like another test,  you may require a maintenance appointment. The audiologist or technician at your appointment will advise  how to arrange another hearing test.

I’m a new patient with a hearing loss, what now?

If you are an adult who has been referred via their GP and a hearing loss is recorded, the results will be sent back to your GP. We will then go ahead with the fitting of a hearing aid, providing you are happy for this to go ahead.


If you are a parent and you feel that your child requires a hearing test, you may then self refer. Please ring the department to arrange an appointment.

Please note that self referral is only available for children under the age of 18.

My child has a hearing loss, what now?

If your child attends the department for a hearing test and a potential loss is recorded, then the results will be sent to your GP. Your GP and/or the Trust’s ENT Department will then investigate the cause of the hearing loss. If it is determined that a hearing aid is required, your child will then be referred back to the Audiology Department where we will take care of aiding and aftercare.

NHS Hearing Aids

The department provides a hearing aid service to both adults and children, which includes:

  • The assessment and prescriptive fitting of hearing aids
  • A range of hearing aids suitable to different hearing losses
  • Ongoing repairs, maintenance and advice
  • Replacement of broken hearing aids
  • Literature and information surrounding equipment and social care
  • Provision of batteries

Tinnitus counselling and therapy

The department provides a small team of audiologists that provide the following:

  • Counselling
  • Re-training therapy including CBT
  • Combination hearing aid/maskers etc.
  • Referral to any further hearing therapy that may be required

Please note: a GP referral will be required for new tinnitus patients, as there will need to be an ENT investigation as to the cause and type of tinnitus.

For more information: the British Tinnitus Association has recently launched a self help package, for all those that experience tinnitus. This may be beneficial for both newly diagnosed sufferers, and those who have not yet seen a healthcare professional. Click the link below to find out more.

Useful information

This service is available at:
  • Community Health & Social Care Centres
Where to find us
  • Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre, Venture Way, DY5 1RU
Telephone numbers
  • (01384) 321266
  • Cancellation line: 01384 321559
Fax number
  • (01384) 321606

Service details

Clinical directorate
  • Community Services and Integrated Care