The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) and Post Coronary Care Unit (PCCU) comprises of a 26 bedded unit and provides comprehensive, high quality care to patients with a variety of cardiac conditions.
The unit is divided into separate areas:
- A cardiac care unit with state of the art cardiac monitors with a computerised rhythm alarm system
- A cardiology/post coronary/assessment/rehabilitation ward, which delivers patient-centred health education to patients with coronary heart disease and assesses patients at risk of the disease.
A cardiac catheter laboratory was opened in May 2005.
There are specialist nurses stationed in the emergency department to help identify cardiology patients and fast track them.
Outpatient clinics are specifically designed for patients with heart problems and patients will either be seen by a consultant or a specialist nurse.
Russells Hall Hospital
- Tuesday – Morning and afternoon
- Wednesday – Morning and afternoon
- Thursday – Morning
- Friday – Morning
- 3.00pm to 5.00pm – Afternoon
- 6.30pm to 8.00pm – Evening