The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) and Post Coronary Care Unit (PCCU) comprises of a 24 bedded unit and provides comprehensive, high quality care to patients with a variety of cardiac conditions.
The unit is divided into separate areas:
- A cardiac care unit with state of the art cardiac monitors with a computerised rhythm alarm system
- A cardiology/post coronary/assessment/rehabilitation ward, which delivers patient-centred health education to patients with coronary heart disease and assesses patients at risk of the disease.
A cardiac catheter laboratory and day case are located just down the corridor from the CCU unit.
There are specialist nurses stationed in the emergency department to help identify cardiology patients and fast track them to the appropriate area, either Cardiac assessment unit or CCU. Many of our patients get discharged same day with a management plan in the Cardiac Assessment unit.
Outpatient clinics are specifically designed for patients with heart problems and patients will either be seen by a consultant, registrar or a specialist nurse.
Russells Hall Hospital
- Tuesday – Morning and afternoon
- Wednesday – Morning and afternoon
- Thursday – Morning
- Friday – Morning
- 3.00pm to 5.00pm – Afternoon
- 6.30pm to 8.00pm – Evening