Dudley Pathology Service is one of the most up-to-date pathology laboratories in the West Midlands and provides a comprehensive range of clinical services and diagnostic investigations across the following Image of member of staff with blood specimen disciplines:
- Biochemistry (inc. molecular genetics)
- Haematology (inc. blood transfusion)
- Histopathology (inc. histology and non-gynae cytology)
Using the latest technology, we can provide a high quality service and a rapid turn around of investigations to all of our users. The department is a UK demonstration site for the latest technology in specimen processing and has some of the most advanced techniques, including DNA analysis (genetic testing). Our commitment to quality is supported by UKAS accreditation for the majority of the services we provide.
We also provide anticoagulant services at both Russells Hall and Corbett hospitals and in the community, providing a wide choice to suit the needs and lifestyle of patients including:
- Open-access phlebotomy service Monday to Friday until at least 6.00pm at both hospitals and Saturday mornings at Russells Hall Hospital
- Anticoagulant services at both hospitals
Consultants in Pathology provide many specialist clinics for patients with blood disorders, allergies, lipids (cholesterol) and weight problems. Russells Hall Hospital is one of only a few hospitals in the West Midlands that provides some of these services.