The Dudley Group Contraception & Sexual Health Service offers free and confidential advice and support for both women and men on a wide range of issues.
The community clinics offer a range of contraception services including:
- Contraception advice and provision
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive Pills
- Depo Injections
- IUS or IUD (coils)
- Pregnancy tests
- Full sexual Health Screening (Asymptomatic)
- Referrals to sexual health clinic or other services were appropriate
- Smear tests
- Check and go sexual health testing
Need emergency contraception? This is free at all our clinics
What are the three methods of emergency contraception?
- The IUD (intrauterine device or coil) is the most effective method and can be fitted up to five days after sex
- The emergency contraceptive pill Levonelle can be taken up to three days (72 hours) after sex
- The emergency contraceptive pill ellaOne can be taken up to five days (120 hours) after sex
- Please see the below link for pharmacy’s that will supply emergency contraception if we are closed, please note they may not have ellaOne.
Worried you may be pregnant?
- We can do a pregnancy test for you
- We can provide advice if you are unsure what to do about your pregnancy
- We can arrange for an appointment for you to discuss your pregnancy options
We can provide advice if you are unsure what to do about your pregnancy, but if you have decided on a termination and do not want to be seen by the nurse and wish to self-refer you can contact British Pregnancy Advisory Service on 03457 304030 for a pre termination appointment if you wish.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about anything you are not sure about, we are here to help you.
- Check & Go service (Full sexual Health Testing for Asymptomatic Patients)
- If you have symptoms, you will need to visit our other site at Russells Hall Hospital GUM clinic.
Booked and walk in appointments are available for all aspects of contraception and advice. Please Note: To avoid disappointment we advise if you plan to walk in please call on the day. Walk in patients will be seen on a first come first served basis. Depending on availability you may not be seen at that time but will be offered an appointment for another day. Patients under 25 are welcome at all our clinics.
We do not discriminate regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
Brierley Hill Health & Social Care Centre, Venture Way, Brierley Hill, DY5 1RU
Tuesday 9.00 – 16.00
Wednesday 9.00 – 16.00
Thursday 9.00 – 18.00
Friday 8.30 – 12.00
Central Clinic, Hall Street Dudley, DY2 7BX
Monday 11.00 – 18:00
Thursday 13.15 – 16.00
Halesowen Health Centre, 14 Birmingham Street, Halesowen, B63 3HN
Wednesday 15.00 – 17.30
PLEASE NOTE WE CLOSE FOR LUNCH BETWEEN 12.30 & 1.30 at our Brierley Hill Clinic
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SERVICES WE OFFER PLEASE CALL ON :