We are a team of Speech and Language Therapists and Assistants based in Russells Hall Hospital. We provide a range of services to patients with communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
We see patients with a range of diagnoses including:
- Head and neck cancers
- A range of neurological conditions (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone disease and Parkinson’s disease)
- Respiratory conditions
- ENT disorders
Services we offer:
- Communication and/or swallowing assessment, diagnosis and management for inpatients at Russells Hall Hospital.
- Specialist voice services for outpatients, including a monthly joint SLT/ENT clinic.
- A Specialist MacMillan Speech and Language Therapist for outpatients and inpatients with head and neck cancers.
- A weekly videofluoroscopy clinic delivered collaboratively with Radiographers.
- Fiberoptic evaluation of swallowing (F.E.E.S) available to both outpatients and inpatients.
We are committed to ensuring that our practice remains evidence-based and that our team is able to maintain, develop and enhance their skills and knowledge. Therefore, all of our team members have access to protected CPD opportunities. We also offer student work experience.
Community Speech and Language Therapy is now delivered as part of the Dudley Rehabilitation Service (DRS) and they are based at Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre. Their contact number is 01384 321600 (Option 2).
- Jenny Glynn – 01384 456111 ext. 4566
Adult Speech and Language Therapy service manager
- Royal College Of Speech and Language Therapists
- Dudley Stroke Association
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Parkinson’s Disease Association
- Alzheimer’s Disease Association
- A.C.T. at Selly Oak, Birmingham
- BSA (British Stammering Association)
- New IDDSI Descriptors April 2019