The department is located across the three sites and is a nationally and internationally renowned centre for research, focusing on cardiovascular aspects of inflammatory rheumatic disease.
Outpatient services are provided on all three sites with day case facilities and services provided at Russells Hall Hospital. The service is multi-disciplinary with dedicated physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chiropody, orthotic and psychology sessions, supporting the medical and specialist nursing teams.
The service covers the full range of adult rheumatological conditions, from osteaoarthritis and soft tissue rheumatism to inflammatory arthritis and the complex systemic disorders such as connective tissue diseases and vasculitis. Osteoporosis assessment by DEXA and an osteoporosis clinic is held at Corbett Hospital.
The rheumatology team aims to work closely with the community and primary care settings to provide shared care for chronic arthritic patients. In addition to routine clinics, we also hold a large number of specialist clinics and combined clinics:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus/CTD
- Sero-negative arthritis
- Diagnostic and interventional ultrasound in rheumatology
- Dedicated ankle, foot, shoulder/elbow, hip and knee clinics (with orthopaedic colleagues)
- With our medical and other colleagues (i.e. cardiology, chest medicine, renal medicine, sjogren’s syndrome
- Coronavirus advice
- Support for patients who are shielding
- Blood test locations
- Dudley Rheumatology COVID patient Frequently Asked Questions Version1 010420
- Guide to social distancing for rheumatology patients
- Dudley Rheum COVID briefing for primary care Version 1 310320 (3)
- Arthritis Care
- Arthritis Research Campaign
- Lupus UK
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network
All Wales Audit on the Management of Adults with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) 2019
Click the link for more information around data security information