Summit Healthcare, in partnership with its service provider, MITIE, delivers one of the UK’s largest and most comprehensive facilities management portfolios in PFI healthcare.
The PFI consists of Russells Hall Acute care hospital with the Guest and Corbett Ambulatory Care centres. The PFI covers a total floor area of over 80,000 square metres. It was designed and built by Sir Robert McAlpine under the Governments Health Private Finance Initiative and completed in early 2005.
Via our service provider MITIE, Summit are responsible for providing the portfolio of non-clinical facilities for the Trust. This includes Hard Services, for example; Asset Maintenance, Estates planned and reactive maintenance and lifecycle services to the Hospitals. This is a process of all equipment being replaced by Summit against a timed schedule.
Summit are also responsible for the provision of soft services which includes cleaning, catering, portering, security, transport and the like.
All services are monitored against contractual requirements. The monitoring measures the performance of each service by outcome-based specifications regulated by Service Level Agreements and Method Statements. Deductions can be levied for shortfalls in service. The key to measuring service delivery is the 24/7 Helpdesk. This ensures all tasks having to be rectified or responded to within the contractually agreed time limits.
As well as the routine management of the facilities, Summit are also represented in some of the more visible Capital works, over recent years these have included:
- Endoscopy scope cleaning project at RHH and Corbett.
- Refurbishment of the Gamma Camera suite to accommodate the new (2No) Gamma Cameras.
- Refurbishment of the Mammography suite to accommodate the installation of new digital Mammography scanners.
- Re-configuration of the Emergency assessment unit (EAU)
- Re-development of the day case Theatre/recovery area department.
- Construction of a new Urgent Care Centre.
- Construction of a new MRI / CT scanning suite at Guest hospital.
- Refurbishment of the MRI suite to accommodate two new scanners.
The Chair of the Summit Board, Roger Thompson, says “Summit has a long and effective relationship with the Trust and is proud to be an integral part of the Trust in its delivery of excellent clinical services”