Black Country Sustainability and Transformation Partnership
Partners from across 18 local health and social care organisations have been involved in the development of proposals to improve health and care for local people.
There is a national requirement to develop long term Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STP) covering all areas of NHS spending in England and linking with all national strategic priorities for health.
What is the STP?
The STP is a collaboration of 18 organisations across primary care, community services, social care, mental health and acute and specialised services across the Black Country and the west of Birmingham. These organisations retain their individual responsibility and decision-making powers, but recognise the opportunity and benefits of coming together for people who use our health and care services. The STP is not a new organisation and it has no statutory powers.
Aims of the STP
STPs offer a new way of working for health and social care services locally, focusing on delivering health and care services defined by local area boundaries, not by local organisational boundaries. The aims are to:
- Improve the health and wellbeing of local people
- Improve the quality of local health and care services
- Deliver financial stability and efficiencies throughout the local health care system
Locally the partnership is called Healthier Futures and more information can be found on their website.
The partners involved in the STP are:
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
- Dudley Clinical Commissioning Group
- DIHC – Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust
- The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust
- City of Wolverhampton Council
- Wolverhampton Clinical Commissioning Group
- The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service
- NHS England and Improvement
- Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Birmingham City Council
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
- Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council
- Walsall Clinical Commissioning Group
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust