What you can do in your NHS App
The NHS App enables you to:
- get health advice using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when they need help urgently using NHS 111 online
- choose your organ donation preferences
- choose whether the NHS uses your data for research and planning
- show others the details of your COVID-19 vaccine (or vaccines) when travelling abroad
- find NHS services nearby
Additionally, if you register and prove who you are, you can:
- order repeat prescriptions and view, set or change change the pharmacy you want to collect your prescriptions from (known as your nominated pharmacy)
- view your GP health record securely
- manage your first hospital or clinic appointment with a specialist, if you are referred by your GP through the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS)
- sign up for updates about participating in health research
Find out more here: NHS App and your NHS account – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
New NHS App features
The NHS App is fast becoming the digital ‘front door’ to the NHS, with new features for patients to view and manage their hospital appointments.
In participating trusts across England, NHS App users will now be able to view all their referrals and future hospital appointments in one place, see a single point of contact for each appointment, access documents, supporting information, and book, change or cancel their hospital appointments.
Disclaimer: There are a small number of departments who do not use the digital feature at The Dudley Group and continue to communication via letter only.
For more information including how to download the NHS App please visit www.nhs.uk/nhs-app.